Play Therapy Week 2021
Ethical Decision-Making in Play Therapy - Applications for In-Person Services and Telehealth
Presented by Jeff Ashby, Ph.D., RPT-S
There are new ethical challenges in providing services during these unique times. In this experiential workshop, participants will review ethical theories and models of ethical decision-making relevant to in-person and telehealth play therapy applications. Special emphasis will be placed on developing professionals’ understanding of decision-making processes used in arriving at ethical courses of action in four primary areas of emphasis in professional ethics codes and the APT Practice Guidelines.
Learning Objectives: Participants will be able to:
- list the assumptions and theories behind ethical decision making models,
- identify and explain a practical model for ethical decision-making in play therapy,
- explain how ethical decision-making models can apply to issues of informed consent in play therapy,
- explain how ethical decision-making models can apply to issues of competence in play therapy,
- explain how ethical decision-making models can apply to issues of confidentiality in play therapy,
- explain how ethical decision-making models can apply to issues of dual relationships in play therapy.
Level of training: Foundational
3 APT Non Contact CEs - Ethics/Play Therapy Special Topics/Applicant's Choice
About our presenter:
Dr. Jeff Ashby is a Professor in the Department of Counseling and Psychological Services at Georgia State University. He is the Director of GSU’s Play Therapy Training Institute, the Co-Director of Center for the Study of Stress, Trauma, and Resilience, a licensed psychologist, a Registered Play Therapist-Supervisor, and a Diplomate of the American Board of Professional Psychology.
VIRTUAL: This will be a virtual meeting so participants can see each other. Participants will be awarded NON-CONTACT CE upon successful completion of a post test.
AZAPT is approved by the Association for Play Therapy to offer continuing education specific to Play Therapy. APT Approved Provider 97-035. AZAPT maintains responsibility for the program. Registrants understand and agree that any photograph (screen shot), video or audio recording of themselves may be used to further promote AZAPT.
Cancellation Policy: All cancellations must be requested in writing and received no later than January 11, 2021. Cancellations are subject to a $15 processing fee. Substitutions (someone else attending) or transfer of registration to another training date may be requested. No refunds or partial refunds will be considered after January 11, 2021.