Play Therapy with Children Whose Parents/Caretakers are in Relationship Transition
Presented by Teri V. Krull, LCSW, RPT-S
Through the lens of play therapy theory and practice, this workshop will review complications that could occur for the children in family high conflict relationship transition. Multi-cultural considerations will be reviewed as it relates to the treatment of these children and families in play therapy as well as forms useful in treatment planning. There will be instruction in at least 2 play therapy interventions best suited for the treatment population.
Participants will be able to:
1. Identify and discuss current professional concerns in their play therapy treatment with high conflict PCRT© through professional exercises provided during the training.
2. Apply at least 2 play therapy interventions useful in the assessment and treatment of PCRT© families.
3. Demonstrate understanding of multicultural considerations when providing play therapy treatment with PCRT© children and families.
Level of training: Intermediate
3 CEs toward the Techniques/Methods Content Requirement
About our presenter: Teri V. Krull, LCSW, RPT-S:
- is licensed in Arizona and Maryland
- has a 35-year play therapy private practice
- was the first president of AZAPT
- served on the APT Board (Chair 2000)
- is an international presenter
- is a board member of the APT Foundation
- is the recipient of the 2010 AZ/NASW Lifetime Achievement Award
AZAPT Members $45
NEW LOCATION: JFCS, Michael R. Zent Healthcare Center, 3010 N. 33rd Avenue, Phoenix, AZ 85017
Check in at the door begins at 8:45 a.m.
AZAPT is approved by the Association for Play Therapy to offer continuing education specific to Play Therapy. APT Approved Provider 97-035. AZAPT maintains responsibility for the program. Registrants understand and agree that any photograph, video or audio recording of themselves may be used to further promote AZAPT.
Cancellation Policy: All cancellations must be requested in writing and received no later than January 3rd. Cancellations are subject to a $25 processing fee. Substitutions (someone else attending) or transfer of registration to another training date may be requested.