Using StoryPlay for Children and Families with Grief and Loss
Presented by Amy Davis King, MA, LMFT
Learn the basic principles of StoryPlay and how the StoryPlay model can be applied specifically to working with children and families who are experiencing grief and loss.
LEARNING OBJECTIVES FOR THE PLAY THERAPIST:
1. be able to identify 3 basic principles of the StoryPlay model of Play Therapy.
2. be able to describe 3 StoryPlay play based interventions that can be used specifically for grieving populations.
3. be able to describe how to use the StoryPlay play therapy model in family sessions.
4. be able to identify how the StoryPlay play therapy model differs from other play therapy models.
5. be able to demonstrate understanding of how to use at least one play based creative StoryCraft intervention with children and/or families.
Level of training: Intermediate
2 CEUs toward the Techniques/Methods Content Requirement
About our presenters: Amy Davis King is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, a certified StoryPlay® Practitioner and StoryPlay® Facilitator. For over 20 years Amy has worked with children dealing with such issues as grief, attachment, trauma, abuse, and divorce in private practice in Scottsdale, Arizona. Amy's experience extends to parent education groups, grief support groups and family support in hospice settings. She recently co-authored the chapter: “The Utilization of Touch and StoryPlay in Preschool Bereavement Groups”, in Touch in Child Counseling and Play Therapy: An Ethical and Clinical Guide, edited by Janet A. Courtney and Robert D. Nolan.
AZAPT Members $35
Check in at the door begins at 6:00 p.m.
AZAPT is approved by the Association for Play Therapy to offer continuing education specific to Play Therapy. Our provider number is 97-035. AZAPT maintains responsibility for the program.