Advanced Instruction for the Play Therapist Supervisor
Presented by Teri V. Krull, LCSW, LLC, RPT-S
This workshop is beyond the basics of play therapy supervision. Those attending should be familiar with the basics of supervision as the instruction will focus on the specific issues related to the supervision of the play therapy clinician. Participants are asked to come with questions, as the professional exchange will be a key component of this instruction.
1. Review the impact of technology and long distance supervision as it relates to play therapy supervision
2. Be instructed in sample documents for play therapy specific supervision
3. Consider the variables to when doing play therapy supervision versus consultation
4. Review and discuss the value of multicultural considerations for the play therapy client, the play therapist being supervised and play therapist supervisor/consultant
5. Dialogue with play therapy peers regarding concerns they hope to be addressed by APT
Level of training: Intermediate, Advanced
3 CEUs toward the Techniques/Methods Content Requirement
About our presenter: Teri V. Krull holds a Masters Degree in Social Work from Michigan State University and is a Registered Play Therapist Supervisor. She served on the national board of the Association for Play Therapy from 1996-2003 and was the President from 1999-2000. She was a founding spirit of the Arizona Association for Play Therapy and served as President in 1993. Teri lectures nationally on topics related to play therapy, supervision, consultation, positive parenting, self esteem and divorce. She has instructed graduate courses in Play Therapy and Child and Adolescent Assessment at Arizona State University. She is currently adjunct staff at Maricopa Integrated Health Services. Her work history includes employment as a school social worker, medical social worker, teacher, juvenile probation officer, community educator, women's resource center counselor and university resident advisor.
AZAPT Members $45
Check in at the door begins at 8:40 a.m.
AZAPT is approved by the Association for Play Therapy to offer continuing education specific to Play Therapy. Our provider number is 97-035. AZAPT maintains responsibility for the program. Registrants understand and agree that any photograph, video or audio recording of themselves may be used to further promote the Annual Conference or AZAPT.